Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Thank the Lord above for Pinterest && my Husband.

I have had a Pinterest account for almost a year now and I am admitting that it has taken me over.. AT TIMES! Over the past few weeks, I have been on there day after day to see what my friends pinned, what crafts I can do in my free time, but how I can dream about what we want our future house to look like with our little kiddos!

I love looking at different married women's ideas they have done with their husbands. I have gotten so many ideas lately, that I get so excited to add a new/creative piece to our marriage! Here are some ideas that have been so fun for Jarrod and I::

1. Nerf Gun Fight: An idea I saw is that when your hubby comes home from work, have a letter for him, and a nerf gun.. then warn him you have one too... we set some rules, but just laughing, and hiding from one another is just so much fun.. BEWARE, Jarrod got very competitive and hit me in the eye plenty of times!! :)

2. Memory Jar: Starting at the beginning of the year, if we had something funny, loving or just a wonderful memory together, we write it down and put it into a mason jar. So, on New Year's we will read our memories, and remember how we have grown in a whole year. :)

3. Each week, we ask ourselves 5 questions and write them down on our journal. We ask, how did you feel loved the past week?, what does your week look like? How can I encourage you next week? how can I pray for you? Each week, these questions have helped us understand one another, it has helped us grow, love more, but most of all, connect on a deeper level.

4. I did this cool little thing for him on Valentine's Day this year.. I had 12 envelopes and inside each one, I had a planned date that we would go on... Each month, was a date that related to that month or just a date that we never had the chance to do. It gives us something to look forward to as a couple!!

5. Tent Movie Night: Yes, we turned our living room into a huge tent made of sheets and blankets and camped out all night on our air mattress watching Disney Movies. It was so fun! :)

I have done a lot of other things that I found on Pinterest.. As much time and addicting as it can be, I have used it not to just make my eyes hurt and dream of things I might not ever have... I have used it to benefit my husband and I. I love looking a ways in which I can keep searching after his own heart, and vise versa. So, if you are married, dating, engaged, whatever it is, check out Pinterest and how you can keep having unique, fun adventures in your relationship!

Falling more inlove everyday,

CB.


No comments:

Post a Comment