Monday, October 3, 2011

Learning to cook! :)


Recently, I have had the time to organize my house the way I want it. It's still a work in progress, but its coming along more and more each day. Any ways, today, while i was organizing my kitchen, I found the storage of cookbooks that I stored somewhere when we first moved in.

Today, I sat down and looked through most of them and I got some cool ideas, bu my favorite cook book I received was from Grandma Erxleben. It is a book of recipes from both of our families. It's been such a cool gift because, I have looked at it so much lately, and it proves to Jarrod that I am an okay cook! :D It is also so helpful, because the things we wish we knew how to make is in this book. I love it and it has been such a special gift to me.

Today, I called my Mamaw Jean and got all the "other" recipes that weren't in the book, so now, I feel like the book is almost complete. Now, we will just add our own recipes.. and one day, we will pass this down to our kids.

For now, I am going to experiment with it all!

"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him." Psalm 34:8

1 comment:

  1. I feel you love! I cannot cook! I can bake, but cooking is foreign! My hubby on the other hand is a MASTER in the kitchen! he's tried teaching but i just didn't get it! haha good luck!

    ReplyDelete